John Tolley is a former Prosecutor & Insurance Defense lawyer licensed in the States of New York, Florida and New Jersey.
Mr. Tolley attended Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2014. While in law School, Mr. Tolley was an active member of the Nova Trial Association and the Moot Court Society, representing his law school in several trial and appellate advocacy competitions nationwide. Prior to attending law school he graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Science and Double Major in Legal Studies and Criminal Justice.
Upon graduating with honors from law school, Mr. Tolley served as a prosecutor handling thousands of felony and misdemeanor cases. He tried 40 jury trials and was quickly promoted to a special unit prosecutor handling violent first-degree felonies including attempted murders.
After serving as a prosecutor, Mr. Tolley entered private practice handling large caseloads as an attorney with a Civil Litigation Insurance Defense Firm. While practicing at this firm, he represented multiple AAA rated insurance carriers including Citizens Property, ASI, ARK Royal, Prepared, Progressive, Security First and Weston.
Mr. Tolley continues to be actively involved in his community. Since 2014, he mentored and developed the next wave of Law graduates serving as a head coach for Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad School of Law's mock trial program.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 2014
- University of Central Florida
- B.A. - 2011
- Major: Legal Studies & Criminal Justice
- Brooklyn Cabinet member of the Jewish National Fund
- Sabra member of Jewish National Fund
- Former executive board member of JNF Futures Miami
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers, General Member
- Former executive board member of Broward County Bar Association Criminal Law
- Former Broward County Young Lawyers Division, General Member
- Former Mock Trial Head Coach, NSU Shepard Broad College of Law
- Personal Injury
- Residential Property Damage
- Criminal Defense
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida